The Society recently received a complaint from a new member that another LPFM Station was swamping his signal. A visit by a Society member revealed a different story. The Society member reported back:
- The problem is in your antenna/coax
- Impedance was 24 ohms. should be 50
- SWR 2.1:1. should be 1.5: max. (But better if closer to 1.1:1)
- Z=10. Z should be as close to 0 as possible but certainly below 3 or 4
- The coax RG58 is 6 years + old and looks a bit suspect.
- the connections to the JPole appear to be perished and probably letting water into the cable..
- I would remake the RF choke with 4 turns at 100 mm dia rather than the 2 turns as at present.
It has been reported that the station is now back on air. Another great result from the Society.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.